- Dagstur (fra A til B)
- Nyt en dag borte fra byens kjas og mas
- Informativ, vennlig og profesjonell guide
- Gå tilbake i tid på en historietur
- Tur for liten gruppe
Next, you’ll drive to Carter Bar, the crossing point between Scotland and England. Snap photos on the border, and then continue through the magnificent landscape of Northumberland National Park to Steel Rigg, where you can see large sections of Hadrian’s Wall. Built in the 2nd-century AD during the reign of the Emperor Hadrian, the Wall is the greatest monument of Roman Britain and is now a UNESCO World Heritage site. Walk along the wall where Roman soldiers guarded their empire's border millennia ago.
Next you’ll drive west to Lanercost village, the western gateway to Hadrian’s Wall, and the location of many battles in the centuries-long Anglo-Scottish wars. You’ll stop for lunch in a local restaurant (own expense) and enjoy the atmosphere of the charming village.
After lunch, you’ll drive to nearby Birdoswald, which is one of the best-preserved forts of the 16 that were built along Hadrian’s Wall and the longest continuous remaining stretch of the wall. You’ll explore the extensive remains as your guide explains the features of the ancient Roman fortifications, including some recent excavations.
When you have taken in the sights at Birdoswald, you’ll re-board your minicoach and start the journey back to Edinburgh, with a stop in the Victorian spa town Moffat, before crossing through the Southern Uplands and Scottish Borders to return to Edinburgh.
Nye bilder av denne turen
Velg en måned for å se en kalender over tilgjengelig datoer og avreiseinformasjon.
Klikk koblingen under for å sjekke pris og tilgjengelighet for den valgte reisedatoen. Prisene våre oppdateres jevnlig for å sikre at du alltid får lavest mulig pris.
Hadrian's Wall, Roman Britain and the Borders
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, please ensure you wear comfortable shoes
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Customers are allowed one piece of luggage with a max weight of 15kg
Retningslinjer for avbestilling
Hvis du avbestiller 3 - 6 dager før planlagt avreise, må du betale et avbestillingsgebyr på 50 prosent.
Hvis du avbestiller innen 2 dag(er) før planlagt avreisedato, må du betale et avbestillingsgebyr på 100 prosent.