- Blir sannsynligvis raskt utsolgt
- Begi deg utenfor allfarvei i en firehjulstrekker
- Små grupper er sikret personlig service
- Henting ved hotellet er inkludert
- En romantisk opplevelse som er perfekt for par
- Informativ, vennlig og profesjonell guide
Starting out from Kona or Waikoloa, we travel up the coast over desolate lava flows for about a half hour before proceeding up the rolling pasturelands on the flanks of Mauna Kea. Turning onto the Saddle Road that travels the island between Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea, you’ll see a dramatic and diverse landscape of ranchland, sub-alpine dryforest and rainforest (with striking features such as cinder cones, lava flows, lava tubes and kipuka). We will first spend some time acclimating at the 9,200 level while enjoying hot soup. After dinner and with a jacket in hand, we’ll make the 45 minute drive to the summit. As your make your way up, you’ll be fascinated by your Interpretive Guide’s interpretation of Hawaii’s remarkable natural, cultural, and geologic history. After sunset we descend to the Visitor’s Information Station at 9,200 foot elevation for a special stargazing show from your guide and volunteer astronomers. Wrapped warm in your jacket, enjoying hot beverages, you will marvel at the brilliance of the Hawaiian night sky. Your Interpretive Guide will share with you stories of the observable universe, and offer you a personal and educational look at the heavens.
Nye bilder av denne turen
Velg en måned for å se en kalender over tilgjengelig datoer og avreiseinformasjon.
Hotel pick-up locations:
Bongo Bens Restaurant (Meeting location)
Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel
Hilton Hotel- Lower Lobby
- Hilton Kings Land - Meet at Club House
King Kamehameha Courtyard Marriott
Kona Sea Side
Mauna Kea Beach Hotel
Royal Kona Resort (Meeting location)
Sheraton Keahou Resort
- Pu'u Huluhulu hill (Meeting location) (This meeting location is abut 1 hr away from Kona)
(Times change throughout year depending on your lodging location)
Klikk koblingen under for å sjekke pris og tilgjengelighet for den valgte reisedatoen. Prisene våre oppdateres jevnlig for å sikre at du alltid får lavest mulig pris.
Mauna Kea Summit Adventure
- Small-group tour
- Bottled Water, Hot coco, Fleece Hooded Jackets, Hot Ramen Noodle Soup Dinner or Miso Soup for vegitarian
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels)
- Gifts and goodies at the Mauna Kea Visitor center available for purchase
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- What to bring: Dress Warm. Closed toe shoes, long pants and a sweatshirt or sweater.
- Restrictions:Guests should be able to walk on uneven or rocky terrain. We sometimes encounter cool, wet or muddy conditions. Because of high altitude this tour is not advised for those with respiratory, circulatory or heart conditions, pregnancy or poor health.Scuba divers should be aware of altitude dangers. No diving with in 24hrs of going to Mauna Kea summit.Children must be over 13 years or older to go to the summit of Mauna kea. Children 12 years old and younger are welcome to join this tour, in the laser star show done by the telescopes.
- Customer safety is our number one concern. If anyone appears to be having a hard time with the altitude, it is to the guides judgment if you can continue to the summit. If the guide feels it is a safety concern, you will be brought back down to the visitor center while the rest of the group continues the sunset portion of the tour. You may then join the group again for the stargazing. Please note:We do not refund in this case.
Retningslinjer for avbestilling
Hvis du avbestiller 3 - 6 dager før planlagt avreise, må du betale et avbestillingsgebyr på 50 prosent.
Hvis du avbestiller innen 2 dag(er) før planlagt avreisedato, må du betale et avbestillingsgebyr på 100 prosent.